I hope everyone is doing well! I have been able to make it to a few of the girls games and watch them and I am going to continue to do so until our season starts. I am reaching out today to inform you of some updates.
1. I have an assistant coach. I attached her introduction if anyone wishes to take a look.
2. I have been updating and tinkering with our teams web page (https://www.leagueathletics.com/Bulletins.asp?MyTeam=658934&org=tonkafastpitch.org) The schedule is all up to date for practices and for tournaments (the non tournament games will be posted shortly)
3. I did start a group me for the softball parents. If you have not been added to that group could you please send me your phone number and I would be happy to add you. This will be my main way of communicating to all of you throughout the season.
4. The tournaments on our team page are the tournaments that we will be attending. I have not received information about the tournaments yet about hotels and such (because the previous coach registered for all the tournaments) so when I have the info I will send it your way. Our first tournament is on june 4th at Lakeville.
5. I would like to have a practice on May 19th at BSM (it is on the schedule on the teams page) because it sounds like we will have a laid back tournament on May 22nd and possibly the 23rd at BSM. I will let all of you know if that tournament is a forsure when I know. Regardless if the athletes can come to practice on the 19th that would be great!
6. Official practice will start on May 31. I do have 2 practices scheduled for May 24th and 26th. They are not mandatory however, I will be there and they will be treated as a rough practice to work on skill and not a full blown practice. (please let me know if your athlete will be coming to those practices.) On May 31st is when I expect every athlete to be at practice. We will have practice every Monday and Wednesday from 7-8:30pm at BSM unless we have a game scheduled.
7. The game schedule should be out by the end of this week. Besides tournaments we should have 1 or two games a week. The reason why the schedule is taking so long is because the BIG WEST league just posted their schedule yesterday and because we base our games off of that schedule we needed to wait. Another reason why the schedule it taking so long is because the BIG WEST league had to combine some of the 16u and 18u teams and we do not want our girls playing against 18U girls so we are working hard to get games that are equal level and closer to home so we do not have to travel as far. (thank you all for being patient)
8. I had a few parents reach out about the Missouri tournament. As of right now we are still going. There are only 6 teams registered. However, we were told by the director down there that more teams will be joining soon. Apparently their softball seasons are different down there so the teams typically join latter.
I know that this email was lengthy and I threw a lot of updates at all of you but please feel free to reach out to me with any questions! :) No matter what this will be a great season and I have high hopes and expectations for this season.